Friday, February 1, 2013

Today I would like to discuss a bit about my theory of buying apps.  My requirements are that they are cheap or free (always under $5) and that my clients are engaged by them. I have found many an app that looked like it would fit the bill and it just fell flat.  I simply can not handle paying more than $5 for an app that I may or may not be able to use, therefore I keep to a small enough amount that if the app is no good I'm not going to be too annoyed.  I tend to download lots of free apps and give them a shot with the kids to see what flies.

The apps that I list here are all ones that I have personally downloaded and used with pediatric speech, language, and feeding kids at my work.  The kids have either liked them, or at least tolerated them well and they have been therapeutically useful.  I will let you know which ones are true favorites, and which were just a good short therapy activity based on the short attention spans of the kids I see.

I often talk with friends who have children to find out which apps their kids enjoy and then use those in therapy.  I have found this to be a great way to find new materials as no one knows kids better than other kids!

This blog is full of my opinions about what I have found personally useful, this is certainly not definitive, but meant to give you a good jumping off point to starting your own collection of therapy apps.




No comments:

Post a Comment